GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS / GUIDELINE FOR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSENGERS (BOOKING ON PUBLISHED TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS) AND GROUP TRAVEL PROGRAMMES OF CMT
COLLEGIUM MONDIAL TRAVEL travel agency d.o.o. (hereinafter: CMT or Agency) is a travel agency that has been organizing trips, excursions and festivals for more than 20 years. CMT travel programs are intended primarily for young people, university & high school students, unless otherwise stated in the content of the program. For the purposes of CMT's sole performance as an agency in individual travel programs with passengers, CMT adopted on June 1st 2019 the General Terms & Conditions of Travel of CMT that govern travel contracts with passengers. These General Terms & Conditions of CMT are an integral part of the contract concluded between CMT and the passenger upon booking a specific travel arrangement. The passenger can be informed about General Terms & Conditions at the CMT office, in the contract or online, on the official CMT website www.collegium.si and on any other website where CMT, as a provider of its own or third-party travel arrangements, offers its services, and the General Terms & Conditions of CMT are specifically marked as such and generally accessible. The content of the contract in some travel contracts cannot be determined contrary to the accepted General Terms & Conditions, except with the express written consent of CMT. These General Terms and Conditions apply to all future travel contracts with passengers.
The passenger can book a travel arrangement in the offices of CMT or in any other accredited agency, or with a person who provides CMT services, or online on the official website of CMT or on any other website where CMT, as a provider of own or third-party travel arrangements, offers its services. As a complete booking of the arrangement, a written or oral confirmation of the application is considered, if the booking was made via online form, the confirmation of the booking to the e-mail address is required, and the payment of 30% of the total value of the travel arrangement (hereinafter: the advance payment) no later than 24 hours after the booking. The booking is complete, when the passenger provides all necessary data and timely payment of the advance payment. Upon the complete booking, CMT and the passenger conclude a travel contract, which is sent via e-mail to the passenger if the booking was made by telephone or via the Internet, and delivered in physical form to the passenger when made personally. In case the passenger wishes the printed documentation to be sent to him by post, CMT charges printing and shipping costs in a lump sum of EUR 5.00. The travel contract contains information on the passenger's travel arrangement, or refers to the program or offer of the arrangement where such information is provided. In the event that the advance payment is not paid within 24 hours after receipt of the booking application, it is considered that the passenger has not booked the travel arrangement. The concluded travel contract guarantees the passenger’s participation or a place on a particular tourist arrangement or trip, subject to the condition that the passenger pays the remaining amount of the arrangement within the set deadline, and that the trip is actually carried out. The completion of a booking is defined by payment date and as such shall be considered the day when a passenger makes a payment in the office of CMT or at an authorized agency, or the day when CMT receives a payment to its bank account. The passenger has to pay the remaining amount of the travel arrangement price no later than 30 days prior to the date of departure, unless otherwise stated in the program or contract. The passenger may pay by cash or by other means of payment. In accordance with the terms and conditions of financial institutions in case of cash or cashless payments (credit cards, Maestro, BA…) of the tourist arrangement or other service, CMT does in no case refund the payments in cash, but the traveller can request a credit note, which the agency can make through the bank, to the passenger's transaction account, if the passenger is entitled to it. When a travel arrangement is booked by an authorized tourist agency for a passenger, all provisions of this point of the General Terms and Conditions shall apply to the authorized tourist agency. If a traveller uses PayPal to apply for a travel arrangement via the website, 3.5% of the payment amount is added to the total amount of the payment as a payment fee. The passenger is responsible for all costs and consequences arising from incorrect information, if the passenger does not provide the correct information at booking procedure. The passenger may withdraw from the travel contract only in accordance with the provisions of the passenger's cancellation of travel. In the event that the passenger fails to pay the remainder of the contractual obligation in due time, CMT reserves the right to refuse the passenger's participation in the trip. In the case of applying for a tourist arrangement, the present General Terms and Conditions, as well as Special Conditions of business and the offer stated in the arrangement, shall apply. It is considered that the passenger has accepted the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions the moment he / she submitted the application for each service. Upon departure, the passenger is obliged to submit to the tour manager or a representative of CMT a contract of travel and a confirmation of the full payment of the arrangement, otherwise the tour manager or a representative of CMT is not obliged to accept the passenger for the trip or tourist arrangement.
Prices of travel arrangements are stated in every travel programme and become valid on the day of the publication of each programme. Prices for all the arrangements are given in EUR. CMT reserves the right to change the prices according to the Code of Obligations (hereinafter: CO – orig. OZ) and the Consumer Protection Act (hereinafter: CPA – orig. Spot), due to changes in currency exchange rates, changes in transport tariffs and prices, changes in fuel prices or other energy sources, taxes, tourist taxes, airport and port fees, etc. The price increase is calculated at the same percentage as the increase in the above elements of the price calculation. Should price changes occur, CMT has the responsibility of informing the passenger no later than 20 days prior to the day of departure, together with the calculation of a price change increases. If the agreed price of the travel arrangement rises more than 8%, the passenger may agree to the proposed change or cancel his booking without any further cost, this must be done within 2 days following the receipt of the notice of the change of price. In the event of cancellation of the travel arrangement, the passenger has the right to reimbursement of the amount paid, without the right to any compensation for damage and any costs of visa, insurance, vaccination and similar costs, as well as the payment costs related to the payment of the arrangement. CMT as the travel organizer has the right to state in the travel programme the obligation of the passenger to pay all services, carried out for the passenger abroad, directly to the person that carries out these services as predicted in the programme. In this case the role of CMT is informative, as the passenger is responsible for reclaiming all his payments made on site with the organizer of those services (abroad). CMT may specify the price of the travel arrangement in the program, stating explicitly that the price may be reduced or increased if a certain number of passengers will (or will not) apply, or when other, well-defined conditions arise. Thus, the provision in no way guarantees that the conditions for a reduction or an increase of the travel arrangement price will occur. The passenger cannot withdraw from the contract on the ground that the conditions for a possible price reduction did not occur. On the basic price of the travel arrangement, the passenger is also obliged to pay all obligatory surcharges (visas, airport fees, etc.), which, if not already calculated in the basic price of the travel arrangement, are included in the travel contract as the basic price of the travel arrangement together with any optional surcharges and presented as the final the price, and thus, on the basis of the travel contract, constitute the final obligation of the passenger. When making a booking, the passenger can express his wishes regarding special services (such as special dietary requirements, change of boarding, etc.), which, where possible in an individual travel arrangement, are supplementary to the basic price of the arrangement. The passenger has to pay for special services upon applying for a travel arrangement, but they may be paid (in the correspondent foreign currency) during the journey itself to the tour manager or the CMT representative on site, where the services are provided, if indicated in the program or offer.
The categorization of accommodation (number of stars e.g. the categorization of accommodation facilities) listed in the programmes of CMT for individual travel arrangements, represent the labels according to national categorisation of every country, valid on the issue of the program. The Agency draws attention to the different categorization criteria at some tourist destinations, since higher criteria apply in the Republic of Slovenia and in most Western European countries.
“No name” travel arrangements are those where the program does not specify the name of the accommodation facility (apartment, hotel), and CMT reserves the right to inform the passenger of the name of the accommodation facility only upon arrival at the destination. For these arrangements, the organizer guarantees to provide the information, which is specified in the contract, and includes at least:
- facility category (by official national categorization),
- room type,
- hotel services (overnight stay, half board, “all-inclusive” ...)
- place or location of accommodation.
Unless otherwise specified in the program, the prices of an individual tourist arrangement represent price per person for accommodation in multi-bedded rooms (these might also have extra beds). All programs foresee a payment of a refundable deposit as a guarantee for non-damage of the facility (from 20,00 euros onwards, in accordance with the requirements of the accommodation facility).
The passenger may withdraw from the travel contract at any time prior to the commencement of the journey, and the CMT may require the passenger to pay the appropriate and justified withdrawal fee. The passenger has the right to cancel the trip at the booking point where he / she applied for a travel arrangement and concluded the travel contract.
Any amendment or replacement of the program after the conclusion of the travel contract, which is not confirmed by the agency, shall be considered as termination of the travel contract, even if the passenger subsequently re-applies for a travel arrangement. If the amendment is minor and does not lead to a change in the essential items of the travel arrangement that would incur additional costs or impede travel, the CMT may confirm the amendment but shall charge an administrative cost of the amendment:
- up to 30 days before departure: 15.00 EUR,
- 29-10 days before departure: 30.00 EUR,
- less than 9 days before departure: no change is possible and any amendment is considered as a cancellation of the contract; if, however the parties agree on any change, CMT will charge the administrative cost of amendment of 30.00 EUR.
In the event that the conditions for reimbursement due to cancellation of the travel contract are otherwise specified in the program, the conditions laid down in the program shall apply.
Upon termination of the travel contract, the passenger must sign the cancellation document in the prescribed form, which the sales adviser offers him for signature, and which is annexed to these general conditions. In the event that the passenger refuses to sign this document, it shall be deemed that the travel contract has not been terminated. During the travel, the passenger may terminate the travel at his request and by giving a written statement of termination. If the passenger interrupts the travel during the trip, he / she shall not be entitled to refund of costs or purchase on his / her return, neither partially nor fully. If the passenger changes the program during the trip or does not travel according to the program, which is an integral part of the contract with CMT, the passenger shall be considered to have terminated the contract during travel. Even in this case, he / she has no right to refund of costs or purchase, neither partially nor fully. In this case, however, the passenger is responsible for the costs and damage caused by the change of program.
In the event of a program change on its own request or due to force majeure, without any reason on the CMT's part for improperly rendered service, the passenger shall not be entitled to claim any compensation or price reduction.
The passenger has the right to cancel the travel in the office, where he / she applied for the travel, or by e-mail. Cancellation can only be made in writing. In this case, CMT shall be entitled to reimbursement due to cancellation of the travel, the amount of which depends on the period prior to the date of commencement of the service in which the passenger cancelled the travel contract. Unless otherwise specified in the travel program or on the application form, the following cancellation costs apply, which shall in no case be less than EUR 20.00 per person for individual and tender arrangements and EUR 40.00 per person for programs prepared for groups:
For individual and tender arrangements (Collegium):
– up to 30 days before departure date: administrative costs of EUR 20.00,
– 29 to 22 days before departure date: 20% 20% of the price of travel arrangement,
– 21 to 15 days before departure date: 30% of the price of travel arrangement,
– 14 to 8 days before departure date: 50% of the price of travel arrangement,
– 7 to 1 day before departure date: 80% of the price of travel arrangement,
– on the day of departure and after departure: 100% of the price of travel arrangement.
For programs, prepared for groups (Mondial, Cooltura):
– up to 90 days before departure date: administrative costs of EUR 40.00,
– 90 to 61 days before departure date: 60% of the price of travel arrangement,
– 60 to 30 days before departure date: 80% of the price of travel arrangement,
– 29 to 1 day before departure date: 90% of the price of travel arrangement,
– on the day of departure and after departure: 100% of the price of travel arrangement.
For tourist services within the festivals (Novalja Festivals):
– up to 90 days before departure date: administrative costs of 30% of the price of travel arrangement,
– 90 to 61 days before departure date: 60% of the price of travel arrangement,
– 60 to 1 day before departure date: 100% of the price of travel arrangement.
Should the passenger not commence the agreed service within the time specified in the program, in the notice of departure or in the travel contract, he / she is deemed to have withdrawn from the travel contract and waives the right to refund of the amount paid or appropriate differences as described above. This is not the case if the passenger communicated late check-in or change on the reservation on time, for which he has received the agency's written confirmation of the change. As cancellation of the travel contract is considered the case, if the passenger does not check-in at the accommodation facility on the day of arrival under the contract by 19:00 hrs., unless otherwise stated in the program, departure notice, travel contract or similar. The termination of the contract shall also be considered if the passenger does not show up at the departure of the means of transport (bus, train, plane, ship) at the time specified in the program, notice of departure, travel contract or otherwise, or if he / she does not commence other booked services within the time indicated in the program, notification of departure and the travel contract.
The passenger is obliged to provide all the necessary information for the refund of the difference in a written cancellation notice. Should the passenger not provide the required information within 21 days from the sent cancellation notice, it is considered that the passenger waives the right to a refund of the difference. Cancellation costs always include at least administrative costs.
In case the passenger who applied for a travel program realizes in advance that he / she will not be able to attend the trip, he / she has the right to find a person who will take his / her place and enter into the travel contract within 10 days before departure, provided that the tour operator agrees with the change. The tour operator may refuse passenger replacement if the logistics costs are estimated to be too high. The change of name is only possible personally by the reservation holder at the CMT point of sale upon submission of a written statement and personal documents of both persons. In this case, CMT will only charge the passenger for the cost of the change. The passenger may change the name or number of passengers or accommodation after the conclusion of the travel contract, but only on condition that such change is possible without cancellation of the travel arrangement. For each change, CMT charges the passenger the administrative cost of the change. In cases where the cost of the change is higher, especially when the travel arrangement also involves a flight or the organization of certain activities at the destination, and when costs due to cancellation and change by the contractors occur, CMT, in addition to the administrative costs, also charges reimbursement of the actual costs incurred due to the change.
Should the passenger, on his / her own wish decide to leave the ongoing travel program during the journey after submitting a cancellation notice in writing, he / she shall not be entitled to reimbursement of the paid arrangement upon his / her return. The lack of snow is not a reason to consider force majeure, therefore CMT shall, in the event of a travel cancellation by the passenger, comply with the provisions of passenger’s modification or cancellation of travel. In case the organizer of the arrangement is another tourist agency, whose authorized representative is CMT, then its general terms and conditions of operation, which the passenger is aware of at the conclusion of the contract, shall also apply.
Notwithstanding the provisions above, in the event of the conclusion of a contract on package travel outside the premises, the passenger has the right to withdraw from the contract within fourteen (14) days without giving any reason. In this case, the agency may charge the passenger an administrative fee of 15.00 Euro.
Upon applying for a travel program, the passenger may also decide to pay for travel cancellation insurance with a contractual insurance company in case the passenger may not be able to attend the travel due to certain unforeseen circumstances. In this case, the insurance company returns part of the paid amount. Examples include:
- a) an accident, death or unexpected deterioration of health of the policyholder to such extent that it prevents him from traveling;
- b) an accident, death or unexpected deterioration of the health of the insured's children, parents, brother or sister, spouse or unmarried partner, grandparents, that prevents the passenger from traveling, provided that the insured is responsible for the said person in the event of an accident or such impaired health in terms of nurturing conditions, which must be reflected in the medical certificate;
- c) a summon by judicial or administrative authorities where the insured person's personal presence is compulsory;
- e) an accident, death or unexpected deterioration of health status of the travel companion(s) (when up to 6 persons are traveling) who are not in a family relationship (e.g. boyfriend and girlfriend, who are not in the same household or friend(s), etc.) or who are in an extended family relationship with the insured, provided that he / she is listed together with the insurer on the application form and in the travel contract itself;
- f) re-examinations for secondary school whose deadline for the provision occurs in the course of the graduation excursion or within 21 calendar days after the graduation excursion. The coverage only applies to graduation excursions that take place in July, August or September each year.
The insurance is subject to the Terms & conditions of the partner insurance company Adriatic Slovenica d.d., (link to the conditions: K-TUR-CMT/18), with which the passenger expressly agrees upon conclusion of insurance. Terms & conditions are published on the CMT website: https://www.collegium.si/pogoji-poslovanja/. In this case, the course of resolving the claim and the time of resolving the claim are the responsibility of the insurance company through which the cancellation risk insurance is concluded.
Important: The condition for a refund of the amount paid is a written cancellation of the travel together with the required documentation, which must be submitted within 7 days from the date on which the reason for the cancellation of the travel occurred.
Based on the valid legislation, CMT has the right to cancel the travel because of unavoidable and / or extraordinary circumstances that make it unable to fulfil the travel contract, or in the case of insufficient bookings made for the realization of the travel:
– 20 days before departure for journeys longer than 6 days,
– 7 days before departure for journeys lasting 2-6 days,
– 48 hours before departure for journeys shorter than 2 days.
Unless otherwise stated in the programme, the lowest number of passengers, necessary for the realization of the travel, depending on modes of transportation, is as follows:
– For travel organized by coach, there must be at least 40 passengers;
– For travel organized by regular flights, there must be at least 20 passengers;
– For travel organized by charter flights, train or ship, the number of passengers must be equal to at least 80% of the total capacity.
In these cases, CMT does not take any responsibility for compensation to the passengers who booked the travel, however every passenger will be reimbursed the full amount of the payment made. CMT has the right to partially or completely withdraw from the travel contract, before or during the implementation of the program, in the event of unexpected circumstances, which CMT could not have anticipated, eliminated or avoided, and for CMT, these circumstances constitute a valid reason for not concluding the contract, if they existed at the time of the conclusion of the contract. CMT has the right to change the date or time of departure due to the change in the timetable of the means of transport booked for the travel or in case of force majeure, and also has the right to change the route of the travel if the conditions of travel change (new timetable, unstable conditions in the country of travel, natural disaster or another unexpected cause, that are out of CMT control) without any reimbursement for the damage and according to the valid regulation of the passenger traffic. CMT is not responsible for delays to aircraft, ships or trains, as well as for program changes that would result from such delays. In cases where CMT explicitly guarantees departure in writing or ensures departure, the trip cannot be cancelled.
As CMT cannot take the responsibility for changes to the programme due to force majeure, which could occur during the execution of the programme, it maintains the option of offering passengers its services in an alternative form from that published in the existing conditions. CMT has the right to partially or completely withdraw from the travel contract during the duration of the travel if the passenger does not follow rules of behaviour, which are valid on the various forms of transport or in certain accommodation facilities and if the passenger behaviour endangers the wellbeing and health of other passengers or prevents the representative of the agency the realization of the travel programme. In these cases, the passenger is not entitled to a refund.
The combination of travel services offered is a tourist package in terms of the law governing consumer protection. The passenger is entitled to all the rights of the EU, which apply to tourist packages. CMT d.o.o. assumes full responsibility for the proper implementation of the travel package as a whole. In accordance with the law governing consumer protection, the agency provides a guarantee that, in the event of its liquidity problems, the passenger will be reimbursed and brought back, where the package includes transport.
Key passenger rights under the law governing consumer protection:
– Passengers receive all essential information about the tourist package before concluding the travel package contract.
– At least one company is always responsible for the proper performance of all travel services included in the contract.
– Passengers receive an emergency telephone number or contact point information through which they can contact the tour operator or travel agency.
– Passengers can transfer the tourist package to another person with a notice, within reasonable time and upon payment of possible additional costs.
– The price of the tourist package may only be increased if specific costs (such as fuel prices) incur and if this is explicitly stated in the contract, and in no case not later than 20 days before the start of the tourist package. If the price is increased by more than 8 percent of the tourist package price, the passenger may withdraw from the contract. If the tour operator reserves the right to increase the price, the passenger has the right to reduce the price if the costs involved are reduced.
– Passengers can withdraw from the contract without paying any cancellation fee and receive full reimbursement of all payments if any of the essential elements of the tourist package other than price have changed significantly. If the company responsible for the tourist package cancels this tourist package before the start of it, the passengers shall be entitled to reimbursement, and, where appropriate, to compensation for damage.
– In exceptional circumstances, passengers may withdraw from the contract prior to the start of the tourist package without paying any cancellation fee, for example if serious security issues occur at the place of travel which are likely to affect the tourist package.
– In addition, passengers may withdraw from the contract at any time before the start of the tourist package, subject to payment of the appropriate and justified cancellation fee.
– If the essential elements of the tourist package cannot be provided as agreed after its beginning, suitable alternative arrangements should be made available to the passenger at no additional cost. Passengers may withdraw from the contract without paying any cancellation fee when the services are not provided in accordance with the contract and this significantly affects the performance of the tourist package and the travel organizer does not resolve the problem.
– Passengers are also entitled to a price reduction and / or compensation for damage when travel services are not provided or inadequately performed.
– If the passenger is in trouble, the tour operator must provide assistance.
– If the tour operator or the travel vendor has liquidity problems when providing a guarantee in the event of liquidity problems, the payments shall be reimbursed. If the tour operator or the travel vendor, when providing a guarantee in the event of liquidity problems, has liquidity problems after the start of the tourist package and the transport is included in the tourist package, the return of passengers shall be provided. CMT d.o.o. has provided a guarantee in the event of liquidity problems at Zavarovalnica Triglav, d.d., Miklošičeva 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia. If the provision of services is refused due to the liquidity problems of CMT d.o.o., consumers may contact this entity or, where appropriate, the competent authority:
Contact address: Zavarovalnica Triglav, d.d., Dunajska cesta 22, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, Customer Relations Unit, Assistance - Service Centre.
Phone Number: 080 2864, for calls from abroad: +386 2 222 2864
More: Zakon o varstvu potrošnikov (ZVPot) / www.pisrs.si › Pis.web › npbDocPdf
Passengers receive an e-mail notification letter before the travel (if they have provided their e-mail address upon booking), otherwise they can receive the notification at the agency's office or contact the agency via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling the telephone number 070-553-553. CMT does not send travel notification letters to passengers prior to the journey by regular mail, unless otherwise stated in each program.
CMT sends the notification letters to its passengers no later than five (5) to seven (7) days prior to the commencement of the travel, unless otherwise stated in each program. Notification letters for one-day excursions and for all arrangements in Slovenia with own transport shall be sent no later than two (2) days before the start of the travel. In the event that the passenger does not receive a notification to his / her e-mail address within three (3) days prior to departure, he / she is requested to appear at the agency's office or contact the agency via the e-mail address and / or telephone above. Any damage that would result from the passenger giving an incomplete or incorrect address (postal and / or electronic) for the purpose of fulfilling the contract shall be borne by the passenger.
Before concluding the contract on package travel, CMT d.o.o. shall provide the consumer with information on travel documents and possible visa requirements, including a tentative period for obtaining visas, applicable to citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, as well as the medical formalities necessary for travel and residence at travel destination.
In the case where certain countries require special documentation (visa) as a condition of entry to the country, the passenger must acquire these documents before the travel or up to the date, stated in the program. Passengers who are not residents of the EU must acquire all the necessary documents, required by the countries of their destination. Underage passengers (minors) need to acquire all the necessary documentation for border crossings appropriate to underage passengers. Should a passenger not fulfil these obligations or should it occur that due to the passenger’s unregulated documents he is not able to travel or he must due to the same reasons cancel the travel during its duration, CMT follows the terms and conditions stated in Return policy (see point V. of these General Conditions). In case CMT acts as a mediator in the procedure of acquiring a visa for the passenger, the agency cannot guarantee that its mediation will be successful. Mediation in the visa acquisition procedure is not included in the travel price and needs to be paid separately. The cost of mediation in the procedure is not returned to the passenger in any event.
Should the passenger lose documents during the duration of the travel or should the documents be stolen and are indispensable for further travel or for his return home, the passenger must be responsible for the acquisition of new documents at his own costs. When arranging formalities in this regard, the passenger may seek advice and assistance from the travel manager or a representative of CMT. In case the passenger has to interrupt the travel due to loss or theft of documents, he is not entitled to any proportional reimbursement of the paid travel price. It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure that his / her documents and luggage meet the conditions provided for by the customs, health and other regulations of own country, as well as those in which or through which he / she travels.
Due to the requirements in international passenger transport (air, ship, bus ...), the passenger is obliged to provide all the necessary information about all the travel participants he / she is registering already upon applying for a travel arrangement. The personal data must be in full compliance with the data in the official documents which travel participants are obliged to carry with them in accordance with the rules on crossing the state border and the relevant foreign regulations. In the event that incorrect information results in delay, additional costs or interruption of travel, the passenger is solely responsible for all costs incurred to the participants of the travel. The passenger is obliged to obtain visas for the countries to which he / she travels and to carry out the vaccinations required for those countries before the travel or up to the date, stated in the program.
The passenger is obliged to respect the house rules in the catering and accommodation facilities, and cooperate in good faith with the organizer's representative and the service provider. If the passenger fails to comply with obligations, he / she is liable to the organizer for the damage caused, and the organizer disclaims any responsibility for the damage that the passenger might suffer in such a case. During the journey, the passenger must behave in such a way that he does not endanger the life or health of other passengers and does not endanger the whole process of traveling. In the event that the passenger is behaving contrary to this provision, the organizer's representative shall have the right to exclude him from further travel without reimbursement of any costs other than on-the-spot payments.
The passenger is obliged to respect customs and currency regulations of the Republic of Slovenia, as well as the countries to which he / she travels. Should the passenger not be able to continue the journey due to his / her non-compliance, he / she shall bear all the consequences and the costs incurred in connection therewith.
According to the regulations of the World Health Organization the passenger is required to obtain vaccinations before travelling to certain countries, as well as to acquire adequate documentation confirming the vaccination. Vaccination is obligatory even in cases when such health regulation was accepted after the conclusion of the travel contract. Rejection of vaccination is not an excusable reason for the cancellation of the travel contract, unless there are consequences for the passenger’s health. In such case the passenger has to provide a medical statement. In the event that a certain vaccination is indicated or required in the travel program, each passenger must provide an international certificate - a yellow booklet, inscribed with the received vaccinations. CMT is not responsible for eventual complications or the cancellation of the travel on behalf of the passenger which could occur due to the disregard of the health regulations of the country in which the passenger is travelling, as well as any costs related thereto.
CMT assumes no responsibility for the deterioration of the passenger's pre-existing medical conditions, especially those on which the passenger did not inform the agency before traveling. If the passenger is regularly taking medicines, he / she is obliged to supply a sufficient amount for the whole trip. In case of health problems, the passenger may consult a guide or first aid team if present at the destination, which will direct the passenger to a local doctor. If CMT, after consulting the local physician, considers that the passenger is incapable of continuing the journey, it may, at own discretion, advise him / her to interrupt the journey and to go home at the passenger's own expense, without reimbursement for the interrupted travel. If the passenger does not wish to interrupt the travel, CMT assumes no responsibility for any medical complications.
CMT is not responsible for the passenger. Passengers who attend a trip or activity are aware of the risk of each travel and attend it at their own risk. Risks that exclude agency liability include injury, illness or death of a passenger. The passenger agrees that the agency, its employees and external associates shall not be liable for any damage caused to the passenger's property, for the injury, illness or death of the passenger, resulting from the passenger's behaviour, nor shall CMT be liable for any damage resulting from whatever reason.
CMT offers a 24-hour presence of a first-aid team, consisting of junior doctors and medical students on trips, when specifically indicated. First aid provided by members of this first aid team represent lay first aid rather than professional emergency medical assistance, which is only available to passengers within health centres and hospitals. Members of the first-aid team who do not have a license or permit to independently perform medical services, do not advise passengers to take medicines intended for self-medication, as the passenger should be sufficiently informed on the self-medication on his / her own. If the passenger chooses self-medication, the first aid team should offer such products for self-medication. Basic medicines such as mild analgesics, antispasmodics and antihistamines may only be prescribed to the patient by his / her treating physician or the nearest doctor at the time of travel, with the necessary powers to work independently. CMT ensures the provision of adequate information about on-site health services. Wound care, suturing and administration of local anaesthetics should only be performed independently by a physician who is licensed to perform medical activity independently. Each passenger is obliged to get acquainted with the detailed rules and medical instructions of the first aid team available at CMT offices, at any authorized agency or person, or online at the CMT official website. The passenger shall be deemed to be aware of and agree to the rules and instructions of the first aid team in agreement with these General Terms and Conditions.
The transport of luggage is free up to a certain weight limit, determined by the rules of company providing the transportation. When travelling by airplane, the transport of luggage up to a certain weight limit is free (the weight limit is determined by the airline), every additional kilogram must be paid for by the passenger at the airport in the appropriate currency or as determined by the airline. Children up to 2 years of age do not have the right of free luggage transport.
CMT does not take any responsibility for lost or damaged luggage. The passenger needs to report any lost or damaged luggage to the transport provider or to the accommodation, where the passenger is staying. When travelling by airplane, according to the regulations valid for international air passenger traffic, the airline is responsible for luggage. In case of lost luggage, the passenger must complete a PIR form of the airline he / she was travelling with. Once the passenger has completed a PIR form, one copy should be given to the representative of the airline and a copy retained by the passenger. Upon receiving this form the airline reimburses the passenger in compensation for the lost or damaged luggage, according to the regulations, valid for international air passenger traffic. CMT is not responsible for the theft or damage of the passenger’s luggage or other personal belongings, valuables and documents in the means of transport (on bus, train, ship, aircraft) and in or from the accommodation, where the passenger is staying (hotel rooms, apartments, etc.).
Every passenger – holder of a travel contract, has the right to make a claim for unsuitable services or non-compliance with the travel contract. The passenger has to inform the tour manager or the representative of the tour operator, who arranges the travel arrangement, the direct service provider or an authorized local agency on the spot and without delay of all irregularities and deviations from the agreed and paid travel contract, on the record. If the individual travel service is not provided in accordance with the travel contract, the tour operator shall eliminate the inconsistencies unless this is not possible or would cause a disproportionate cost. If the tour operator does not remedy the inconsistency, the consumer may request a price reduction and fila a claim of damages. Passenger complaints are subject to the statutory time limit, in each case considering the fact that the passenger has warned of irregularities or deficiencies on the spot and without delay.
In the event that the content of the complaint could be resolved on the spot (for example, poor cleanliness of the room, equipment, location of the room, etc.), yet the passenger did report such irregularities on the spot and did not inform the above-mentioned persons, shall be deemed that the passenger has consented to the service and has thus lost the right to file a subsequent claim requesting a reduction in the price of service or payment of damages.
Until the organizer gives a final answer to the passenger's complaint, the passenger refuses to forward the complaint to third parties and competent institutions or to provide information to the media and other publics.
The passenger's request must be signed and can be filed by each passenger on his or her own behalf or by a third party upon written authorization. Requests must be sent by registered post to the Agency's branch office or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The passenger must provide relevant evidence and / or a proper certificate from the hotelier, transport organizer or another relevant person on the factual basis on which the passenger asserts his / her claim.
In accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation, the amount of monetary compensation for damage caused by non-compliance with the contract is limited to three times the amount of the total price of the package, except for compensation for personal injury and for damage caused intentionally or negligently. This provision shall not apply if CMT is entitled to cancel the travel arrangement or modify the program in accordance with the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions. The limitation of liability applies to all travel covered by a travel contract.
The price of the travel arrangements, unless alternately stated in the program, includes basic accident insurance, however this does not include health insurance, which means that passengers are responsible to take care of their own health insurance. When travelling abroad it is recommended to obtain health insurance with assistance abroad. Also, the price of the package does not include cancellation insurance, which can be paid by the passenger upon making a booking. Thus, in case of death or illness of the passenger or close relatives, the insurance company reimburses the cost of cancellation on the basis of the relevant certificate (medical certificate, death certificate). The general terms and conditions of the insurance company concluding the relevant insurance are available at the point of sale.
CMT does not provide any medical assistance. In the event that the passenger has not paid for additional health insurance, but needs urgent medical help during the course of the trip, he / she is obliged to cover the expenses that result from this.
CMT reserves the right to change the timetable, type of aircraft, carrier and flight direction (intermediate stops, flights via another airport, etc.) due to various technical and organizational reasons. Delays can also occur, most often due to airspace congestion, air strikes and bad weather, the organizer however, has no influence on them. The changes referred to in the preceding paragraph shall not be considered as changes to the travel program in the travel package arrangements, since the first and last days of the travel are intended exclusively for arrival and departure to and from the destination and the related transfers, but not for rest.
In case of denied boarding, flight cancellation or long delay of air transport, the passenger may, in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 laying down common rules for compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding, cancellation or long delay of flights, claim compensation from the actual air carrier (either through the air carrier's online connection or through any specialized service) even when such a flight is an integral part of the tourist arrangement. Compensation for damages or reductions in prices received by the consumer under CPA and regulations and international conventions shall be deducted from one another in order to prevent overpayments.
In the event that the Agency has specific conditions for a particular arrangement, these are published on the CMT official website under the General Conditions. The published special conditions apply to certain individually listed tourist arrangements in the part which is different from the General Conditions, otherwise these arrangements are also subject to the General Conditions or provision in a particular program, if otherwise specified therein.
Minors travel with the agency only exceptionally, if so specified in an individual program. If any of the persons traveling abroad in the organization of CMT is under the age of 18 at the time of travel, he / she is obliged to bring to the departure a duly completed certificate or statement by which parents or guardians of the minor agree that the minor is traveling in organisation of CMT at their own risk or at the responsibility of parents or guardians. In case the minor does not bring this certificate to the departure, he / she cannot travel with CMT and CMT reserves the right to deny travel participation before departure without special compensation.
It is the responsibility of each passenger to take care of his / her own safety and to avoid any conduct that could endanger his / her safety or that of anyone else. On certain journeys, when explicitly mentioned in the program, CMT provides security for passengers, through external associates who provide security and ensure safety. CMT is not responsible for the security mode and the work of freelance employees, so the passenger must address all security claims directly to the security service providing the security.
By purchasing tickets at CMT, the buyer accepts the house rules of the event venue as well as the terms of cooperation between CMT and the event organizer. Upon leaving the event venue, the ticket loses its validity. Failure to comply with house rules and ticket abuse is punishable and the person may be removed from the venue. In such cases, the ticket cannot be refunded. In the event of total or partial cancellation or postponement of the event, the terms and conditions of the organizer of the relevant event shall apply. The ticket buyer obtains the information from the organizer or at the point of sale where the ticket was bought. CMT is only an agent in ticket sales and is not responsible for refunds. Minor or objectively justified changes in the performers or program are reserved. In the event of cancellation, postponement of the event or change of performers, the ticket buyer is not entitled to reimbursement (i.e. arrival, hotel). All visitors allow unlimited recording time without any compensation for broadcasting by TV organizations that produce film and that filmed the visitor during the event or in the context of it and allows the use of all technical means to process the footage.
It is forbidden to bring any audio and video recording devices (with the exception of cell phones), bottles, glasses, cans, sticks, weapons, pyrotechnics and other items specified in the house rules of the event venue.
RESALE, FORGERY, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TICKET ABUSE IS FORBIDDEN AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW!
The visitor must keep the ticket at least until the conclusion of the event or the departure from the venue. The ticket barcode is unique and is valid only for the first scan, no further copying and no further transition is possible. If a ticket is lost, it cannot be replaced.
The ticket buyer must protect the ticket from unauthorized access. CMT assumes no responsibility for any problems resulting from resale, forwarding of information, copying, etc. The organizer reserves the right to refuse access to ticket holders with identical barcodes in case of abuse.
CMT travel agency, d.o.o., Šmartinska cesta 152, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, as the manager of personal data of individuals (users or customers), is committed to use and store all personal data of individuals in accordance with the provisions of the respective law in the field of personal data protection (currently applicable Law on Personal Data Protection, Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 94/07, ZVOP-1) and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27.4.2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
In order to ensure the highest possible standard of protection of passengers' personal data, CMT has adopted a specific personal data protection policy, which is an integral part of these General Conditions, and further regulates the collection, storage and processing of personal data collected by CMT from passengers, users of the web site www.collegium.si. Data protection is very important, therefore CMT, together with quality content, guarantees also the right of passengers to make their own decisions about the use of their data and is committed to the highest standards of ensuring the protection of individual rights.
CMT primarily processes personal data for the purpose of conclusion or performance of the contract, but also for the purposes of direct marketing purposes and to inform about the offer of CMT or its partners, market research, conducting business analysis, customer segmentation and statistical processing.
- Personal data manager
- Categories of personal data
- Purpose of data processing
- Data retention
- Legal bases
- Data protection
- User rights
- Sub-processors and retention area
- Cookies policy
- Managing cookies on Web browsers
- Legal notice
COLLEGIUM MONDIAL TRAVEL, travel agency, d.o.o., Šmartinska c. 152, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
If you have any questions relating to the protection of personal data on www.collegium.si, the data manager can be reached at email@example.com.
2. Categories of personal data
The passenger information obtained by the data manager for the purposes of the performance of the contract and kept by the personal data file manager are:
- e-mail address;
- name and surname, title or sex;
- company name;
- birth data;
- identity document information;
- information about the ordered travel arrangement and any additional ordered services;
- information on the payer of the travel arrangement, if different from the passenger information;
- payment information (type of payment, payment information);
- any passenger notes or special requirements;
- past inquiries, purchases, invoices, support claims.
The data obtained from the users of the web site and kept by the personal data file manager is:
- information about which site the user visited on the portal or how far he / she got in the process of purchasing the arrangement;
- information provided by the user's browser or mobile device, such as the user's IP address, location information, device identifier (IMEI number, MAC address), browser information, information about how the passenger came to the website, operating system
- data from cookies and other means of storing data in the user's terminal equipment;
- time and duration of the visit;
- past requests, purchases, invoices, support claims.
The data obtained from newsletter subscribers, kept by the personal data file manager:
- e-mail address;
- which messages the user has opened and which links in the messages have been clicked;
- the pages visited on the portal;
- past requests, purchases, invoices, support claims;
- IP addresses of the user;
- data from cookies and other means of storing data in the user's terminal equipment;
The data obtained on telephone calls, e-mails or chat via our website, maintained by the personal data file manager:
- your phone number, e-mail, or nickname and IP address;
- content of your message.
The data obtained on participants of prize competitions and surveys, maintained by the personal data file manager:
- e-mail address or telephone number;
- information necessary to carry out prize competitions or surveys.
The data manager will use the data he obtained from passengers and website users for the following purposes:
- for the performance of the contract;
- for communication in the subscriber or. (pre) contractual relationship;
- to conduct prize competitions and surveys;
- for statistical and market analysis; tracking clicks and opening e-mails, and clicking on the website to segment and customize e-mail content;
- for notifying and sending newsletters, articles, event notifications by e-mail;
- for direct marketing and sending offers by SMS / MMS, e-mail and notification messages, conventional mail, via website and mobile applications and making phone calls;
- for segmenting, profiling and automated processing in order to create personalized messages and offers that are more relevant to the user;
- to show personalized ads on advertising platforms (Google and Facebook).
When sending e-mails, the data manager records the opening of received messages by individuals and the clicks on the links in the received messages. He also records views and campaigns on the manager's website. For better and more targeted bidding and personalization of messages or communication, the recorded data is automatically processed, analysed and evaluated regarding the activity and measuring the interest of users.
CMT holds the personal data of the passengers for ten (10) years from the conclusion of the travel arrangement, which is a limitation period for claiming compensation from the travel under the second paragraph of Article 352 of the Obligations Code. Deletion is carried out annually on 1.7. for any data that should have been deleted in the previous calendar year.
Personal data in other databases of CMT shall be stored for ten (10) years after their entry, or until the legal basis or legitimate interests for their further retention cease to exist. Deletion is carried out annually on 1.7. for any data that should have been deleted in the previous calendar year.
In case the retention is based on the consent of the individual, CMT shall effectively and permanently delete the personal data after the withdrawal of that consent within 15 days.
By signing the contract, the passenger is deemed to consent to the use of his / her personal data provided in the application form in order to fulfil the contractual obligations and rights, as well as to communicate with the passenger regarding the contractual or pre-contractual relationship. In the event that the passenger, as a payer, orders travel also for other passengers, he / she shall be deemed to have obtained the prior consent of other passengers to process their personal data for these purposes.
By signing the contract, the passenger also agrees to the use of the data in the application form for direct marketing purposes (sending information about the offer of the data manager and its business partners), customer segmentation, statistical processing and market research. The consent is valid until the cancellation, which the passenger can give personally to the data manager, by phone, by mail or by e-mail. If the passenger explicitly does not wish to have the data processed for these purposes, he / she may declare this as a note in the travel application form.
Direct marketing of the offers by the data manager via e-mail is also allowed on the basis of Article 72 of the Personal Data Protection Act (ZVOP-1) and Article 158 of the Electronic Communications Act (ZEKom-1). Notifications shall be sent periodically and clearly identified as such. The recipient shall be given a clear and explicit opportunity in each message through appropriate link to refuse further receipt of the messages free of charge and easily.
Direct marketing, segmentation of customers based on their past purchases or demonstrated interest in purchases, and implementation of statistical processing and market surveys are also permitted because they are necessary to achieve the legitimate interests pursued by the data manager. The data manager, like any other company, strives to present better and more targeted offers to its clients and potential clients, thus convincing them to order new or additional services. For this purpose, it also collects information about the use of its website, e-mails or other types of messages. The data manager notes that this practice is also common in other companies in the branch or wider, while not detecting significant restrictions or prohibitions by national supervisory authority in its work so far (at least as it appears from the annual report of the national supervisory authority or of its press releases). At the same time, the data manager points out that individuals have considerable opportunities to properly limit the possibilities of using their information for direct marketing purposes through the appropriate settings in their profiles with advertising agents (Google, Facebook). Consequently, the data manager considers that these activities do not lead to a situation where its legitimate interests offer the best possible service to outweigh the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
The data manager will safeguard the information obtained in accordance with the applicable legislation on personal data protection, GDPR and its internal acts. It will provide adequate organizational and technical security.
The data manager will not share or disclose the information obtained to third parties unless it is necessary for the implementation of the travel arrangement itself (e.g. to tourist accommodation providers, as mentioned below in the point on contractual processing), to comply with a court order or a similar request by the competent authorities, or for the enforcement, execution or defence of legal claims of the data manager.
It does not transmit the information to third parties, unless there is a legal basis provided for by law. Personal data may be processed on a statutory basis, on the basis of a contractual relationship, in case of personal data, necessary to fulfil contractual obligations or to exercise the rights arising from the contractual relationship, due to the legitimate interests pursued by the data manager or a third party, if it is necessary for the protection of the vital interests of the data subject or other natural person, and given the express consent of the individual to the processing of personal data, given in accordance with regulations in the field of protection and free movement of personal data. The consent given for processing by the passenger may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
In accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the personal data manager, at the request of the individual, must:
- Confirm whether or not data relating to him / her is being processed and enable access to own personal information;
- Provide an opportunity to correct or update personal information;
- Offer the possibility of partial or total erasure of personal information when personal information is no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, and in some other cases, as well as the opportunity to object, when personal information is processed on the basis of legitimate interests of the data manager;
- Allow temporary restriction of the processing of personal information in certain cases;
- Allow partial or total withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal information.
The data manager will respect your request for cancellation and delete your personal information within 15 days at the latest, when no other legal basis for processing exists.
The rights from the list above can be claimed by an individual by writing to the address of CMT d.o.o., Šmartinska c. 152, Ljubljana, Slovenia, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must include the identification information, the content of the request, and the justification of the request. Replies will be submitted within one month after receipt of the request. This time limit may be extended for up to two additional months, considering the complexity and number of requests.
Any individual may, in the event that he / she considers that the data manager has in any way violated his / her rights of protection of personal information, at any time submit a written objection to the data manager at CMT d.o.o., Šmartinska c. 152, Ljubljana, Slovenia, or file a complaint with the supervisory authority (Information Commissioner, Dunajska cesta 22, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, email@example.com).
Every consumer has the opportunity to unsubscribe from newsletter with one simple click in the footer of the received e-mail, or send an e-mail expressing wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by replying to a specific e-mail received.
8. Sub-processors and retention area
The data manager shall also transmit the collected personal information of the passengers to its contractual processors, who may process the data solely within the scope of the data manager's instructions and authorizations, and who, by a written agreement concluded with the data manager, are obliged to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection for:
- implementation of individual services from the tourist arrangement;
- Customer Data Management (CRM),
- e-mail marketing system
- marketing automation system.
The provider keeps the databases of personal information in the EU and does not export them to third countries.
The data manager can provide personal information to digital advertising platforms (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and the like) and use their cookies, which allow the data manager to create more accurate segments, displaying targeted ads, and remarketing. The user gets more relevant ads on these platforms from the data manager. This may involve the transfer of information to a contracting data manager outside the EU.
As a user of the website, you agree to have cookies uploaded to your computer to ensure function of all features of the website, web analytics and advanced advertising. The following cookies are downloaded:
– Google Analytics cookies for analytical purposes;
– Facebook remarketing and advertising cookies;
– Google Remarketing and Advertising Cookies;
– Cookies of a marketing automation tools to monitor user activity on the website.
Cookies allow certain content or features of an application to adapt to particular visitor, according to his /her choices or preferences, or according to the characteristics of the terminal equipment. Cookies for analytic purposes allow continuous improvement of the site.
10. Managing cookies on Web browsers:
All content published on CMT website is the property of the company CMT d.o.o. It may not be copied, reproduced or otherwise distributed in any form, without the permission of CMT. CMT is not responsible for any problems in the functioning of the website. CMT reserves the right of errors and changes to the content posted on the CMT websites.
Excerpts under the Consumer Protection Act (ZVPot) relating to the organization of tourist arrangements:
Usage: ZVPot applies exclusively to consumers
Scope of application: ZVPot refers exclusively to tourist package arrangements and not to other tourist services.
Cancellation due to insufficient number of participants:
notification of passengers no later than 7 days before departure.
only due to changes in fuel prices, tariffs, exchange rates, taxes, fees - the passenger is informed at least 20 days before departure, the passenger has the possibility to withdraw from the contract if the increase is higher than 8% of the value of the travel arrangement.
Deadline for complaint:
2 years from the date of non-compliance with the contract.
Change on reservation at passenger's request:
changes are not possible less than 9 days before departure and any change is considered as cancellation of the contract, and if the parties agree on any change, the administrative cost of the change will be charged in the amount of EUR 30.00.
CMT will allow passengers to return home in the event that the provider becomes insolvent during the passenger's journey. In the case of unavoidable circumstances, e.g. terrorist attacks or natural disasters, CMT will provide passengers with accommodation of a similar standard to travel accommodations. The organizer will reimburse passengers the cost for up to three nights. This applies only in cases where a timely return home is not possible. The cost limit shall not apply to persons with reduced mobility, including persons accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, and persons in need of special medical assistance, provided that the tour operator has been informed of their special needs at least 48 hours before the start of the tourist package.
CMT as the tour operator shall provide a guarantee for reimbursement of all payments made by or on behalf of the passenger, if individual travel services were not provided due to CMT's liquidity problems. In the event that the agency's liquidity problems affect the implementation of a trip or travel arrangement that has already begun, the guarantee also covers the free return of passengers and the financing of accommodation prior to the return, if necessary.
Basic information about the valid Letter of Guarantee for insurance of liquidity problems of the tour operator and assistance service, in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act ZVPot-H:
Information about a valid Letter of Guarantee for securing the liquidity problems of the tour operator and the companies providing the related travel arrangements:
- Guarantee letter number and date of issue: TK49901516792 of 19.4.2019
- Issuer of the guarantee (guarantor): Zavarovalnica Triglav, d.d., Miklošičeva 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Subject to an insurance guarantee: a guarantee for reimbursement of all payments made by or on behalf of the consumer if individual travel services were not provided due to the liquidity problems of the tour operator.
Further information is offered in the assistance centre at Zavarovalnica Triglav, d.d., which provides the consumer with assistance service in the event of liquidity problems of the tour operator. Liquidity problems, in accordance with the applicable legislation, arise when the tour operator is unable to fulfil the contractually agreed obligations in a timely manner. In this case, the consumer requests the tour operator to ensure that the contractual obligations are fulfilled within 48 hours and provide the relevant proof. If after the expiry of the stated deadline the obligations are not fulfilled, the consumer contacts the assistance centre, which will provide reimbursement within 72 hours, in accordance with the guarantee under the valid Guarantee letter for insurance of liquidity problems.
Contact address: Zavarovalnica Triglav, d.d. Dunajska cesta 22, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, Customer Relations Unit, Assistance - Service Centre.
Phone Number: 080 2864, for calls from abroad: +386 2 222 2864
All prices in CMT programs include value added tax (VAT / DDV). Unless otherwise stated on the voucher, issued for promotional purposes by CMT, are redeemable solely at regular sale prices, unless otherwise stated on the voucher. CMT is not responsible for the actions and damage caused by passengers during the travel. In the event of a dispute between the parties, the court in Ljubljana, Slovenia is competent to resolve the matter. CMT is not responsible for any errors in the advertising material (catalogues, programs on sheets and websites). These General Terms & Conditions expire General Terms & Conditions of an earlier date.
Dear Erasmus Spring Breaker,
Thank you for all nice words and encouraging messages during these days. We have been co-creating festivals, trips and events with your help for more than 20 years. Years of experience and our hard work are the reason why Spring Break Island has become one of the leading Spring Break festivals in the region. But we always have and always will act for the sake of your safety and the quality of the experiences we co-create with you.
The current situation is bigger than all of us. In recent weeks, our team has faced a major challenge in carrying out the tours / arrangements in the coming weeks, as the healthy and safe execution of all programs are always our main concern. In our plans of the execution of this season’s programs, we persistently follow the instructions and actions of all competent authorities.
In these extremely challenging and unpredictable times, the role of positive thinking and good news is all the more important. Therefore, the agency Collegium Mondial Travel has already decided that all tours / arrangements that could not be carried out at original dates due to the situation in relation to the coronavirus epidemic, will be realized at a later date. Thus, no tour package / arrangement, which was supposed to be carried out at the time the epidemic is declared, will NOT BE CANCELED but POSTPONED to a different date (all tours / arrangements are subject to the same rates, duration of travel and services as the original term, only the date changed). This decision, on the one hand, is the result of the state of emergency declared by our government, which represents an objective inability to travel. In addition, similar measures have been taken in almost all destination, because only in such a way can we limit the spread of coronavirus.
In this period, which represents a major economic challenge at the global level, tourism is one of those industries that is most restricted by the spread of COVID-19. Although we are optimistic about the future and believe that together we will be able to reach a state where travel will be possible again, the travel industry is currently facing many challenges in connection with the implementation of this summer season and the upcoming trips. We believe that none of the latter will have to be cancelled but at most, will be moved to 2021 when safe and quality execution is possible.
In the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, no. 19/20 of 12 March 2020, with effect from 12 March 2020 at 18.00, the Decree on declaration of contagious disease SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) in the territory of the Republic of Slovenia was published. Measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus, restrict public life and public gathering of people to the greatest extent possible throughout the territory of the Republic of Slovenia, which has drastic consequences in the field of economy, especially in the field of tourism.
The complexity of stopping and banning the entire tourism industry, and the unpredictability of the situation of the COVID-19 pandemic is currently a systemic problem, which is intensively addressed by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia, together with state institutions. As a result of intensive coordination between representatives of the economy and the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, on 28 April 2020 the National Assembly adopted the Act Amending the Act Determining the Intervention Measures to Contain the COVID-19 Epidemic and Mitigate its Consequences for Citizens and the Economy (ZIUZEOP-A). In Article 43, the said Act adds a new Article 101a with the title “securities”, which has the following content:
(1) If the package travel contract is not fulfilled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances caused by the epidemic, the tour operator shall be deemed to have fulfilled its obligation to repay all payments referred to in Article 57 (6) and (8) and Article 57 (1). Article 2 of the Consumer Protection Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 98/04 - official consolidated text, 114/06 - ZUE, 126/07, 86/09, 78/11, 38/14, 19/15, 55/17 - ZKolT and 31/18), if it issues a security to the consumer in the amount of all consumer payments.
(2) The security shall be issued to the bearer and shall be redeemable within 24 months from the issue. If the consumer does not redeem the issued security within 24 months of the issue, within 14 days of the expiration of this period, the tour operator may request the refund to be returned to the organizer within 14 days of receipt of the request.
(3) The issued security is subject to a guarantee for the refund of all payments made by the consumer or on his behalf, if individual travel services are not performed due to liquidity problems of the travel organizer.
(4) The issued security is guaranteed by the travel organizer with all his property.
(5) This provision is without prejudice to the consumer's right to request a refund of all payments from the tour operator, despite the offer of the security, if the consumer does not agree with the offered security. The tour operator shall return all payments to the consumer within 12 months of the declaration of cessation of the epidemic.
(6) The measure referred to in this Article shall also apply to the refund of consumer payments made before the entry into force of this Act if the package travel contract was not fulfilled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances referred to in the first paragraph of this Article.
The return of received funds in full to the contractual parties goes beyond usual and normal operations and is not feasible. With the desire to solve this situation that is difficult both for the clients of tourist travel services and for the organizers as effectively as possible, in accordance with the new intervention legislation and the recommendations and instructions of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia, ZTAS, MZZRS, NIJZ, WHO and with the agreement of the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, we decided to provide our contracting parties with a system of securities.
We believe that the thought and desire for travel and events is still present these days, and once all this is over, we will need to disconnect, relax, and gain new experiences. Therefore, CMT is during these challenging times happily and whole-heartedly focusing on the execution of this year’s projects, together with our local partners and, of course, all of you, to pride, joy and satisfaction of all who are our customers and partners for over 20 years.
Dear friends. Stay at home and soon we will be able to enjoy ourselves at travels, concerts, with new experiences and new friendships!
Q&A ON CURRENT ISSUES ON PAID ARRANGEMENTS WITH DEPARTURES DURING THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC AND LATER
A mentioned above, no tour package / arrangement, which was supposed to be carried out at the time the epidemic is declared, will NOT BE CANCELED but POSTPONED to a different date (all tours / arrangements are subject to the same rates, duration of travel and services as the original term, only the date changed).
Travel planning is always linked to dates and we know that the new date may not be convenient for all our travellers.
Therefore, if the traveller cannot attend the tour / arrangement at the new date ...
... and has a full or partially paid arrangement with the scheduled departure until 21/05/2020
- CMT will issue a security to the booking holder in the full amount that the holder paid, which can be redeemed or used within 24 months from the date of issue.
What is a security?
- A security is a document issued by a legal entity and represents a financial obligation to the buyer. It is an extraordinary document issued for the protection of the consumer in order to preserve the value of the paid-up funds and at the same time allow the recipient to regulate to the maximum extent possible the use of services already paid for by the consumer.
- The security may be issued to a natural or legal person and represents one of the instruments to protect the payer.
- The security represents a credit for all payments already received that relate to the arrangements, which should start in the period from 13.03.2020 onwards, are not or will not be carried out due to reasons beyond the control of the tour operator or agent.
- Securities are issued for the arrangements of Slovenian tour operators.
- The security is issued to the passenger’s name. In case of joint application of several persons, the security shall be issued to the name of the booking holder.
- A passenger in the market chain can therefore accept it depending on the circumstances:
- If the traveller has booked and paid in total or partially the reservation with the tour operator, the traveller receives a security in the amount of the paid value of the travel.
- If the traveller has booked and paid the reservation with the agent and the tour operator is different, the traveller shall receive a security from the tour operator in a value equal to the sum received by the tour operator from the agent, and also a security from the agent, which represents any difference in value between the paid amount with the agent and the amount that the agent forwarded to the organizer.
- In the case of an organized group of passengers traveling under a special order as a single, ordered group, the tour operator shall issue a security for all passengers to the person who was the leader of the group, the organizer of that group or to the person designated by the group. Such security should also include a list of all persons and a specification of the value per person.
How and where can I redeem a security?
- Security will be issued in form of a “promo code” which will be valid for the Spring Break Island Festival terms in 2021 and 2022
- Promo code will consist of a booking number and the full amount the holder paid; e.g.:
- EN – festival
- 765432A – booking number
- 134000 – amount paid (1340,00€)
- Customer will secure his promo code over official Erasmus Nation email, which will be send end of May 2020
- While making a new booking travel holder will apply code onto Erasmus Nation online shopping cart (at checkout page) to obtain a discount in the full amount that the holder paid for travel in 2020
- Sales for 2021 will open in October 2020 and in October 2021 bookings for 2022 will start
- For all of you who will have your booking paid in full until 5. 2020 we will upgrade you from festival ticket to full week Festival Ticket for free!
- The security is not redeemable in cash
- Securities can be used up to the full value and over the full value at an appropriate additional cost.
- When redeeming, the security represents a payment method and it does not allow or secure a place after the capacity is full.
- If the client does not redeem the issued security within 24 months of issue, he / she may request a refund within 14 days of the expiration of this period.
- If the client does not agree with the security, he / she may inform the agency in writing within 14 days from the notification of the issue of the security. In this case, the Agency will repay the funds to the client within 12 months from the announcement of the end of the epidemic.
Travel packages / arrangements for which the holder may redeem securities
If you are unable to attend the travel arrangement in 2021, you can join the festival in 2022.
Programs of Spring Break Island in 2021:
- Hypercat x Spring Break Island 29.5. – 2.6. 2021
- Spring Break Island Festival 2.6. – 6.6.2021
- Spring Break Island Festival x Hypercat week 29.5. – 6.6.2021
- Puro Reggaeton x Spring Break Island 10.6. – 13.6.2021
Programs of Erasmus Spring Break Island in 2022: